Location(s)Montreal, QC (Canada)
Reporting to the Production manager, the welding supervisor is responsible to make sure that welding is executed by qualified welders according to quality standards and approved procedures.
- Control qualifications of welders and welding procedures and ensure that they are respected’
- Supervise – instruct and guides approximately 20 welders assigned on our three shifts.
- Schedule manpower (welders) and take appropriate actions to meet or surpass welding out-put targets.
- Ensure that welding supplies including consumable parts - welding material example – rods – wire – powder for hard-facing is always available.
- Find new methods within our specification and code requirements to continually improve out-put and improve quality. Also work closely with our methods and engineering departments to insure good communications
- Work closely with our welding engineer to develop and improve our welder’s knowledge and methods including our welding procedures
- Should have a welders training and background.
- 5 to 10 years’ experience as welding supervisor
- Needs experience with welding different types (grades) of steel , Carbon, Stainless steels, alloy steels
- Should have experience with deposit of hard-facing on the above different grades of steel.
- Has also acquired experience with the following welding processes – FCAW, GMAW, GTAW, SMAW, PAW, SAW
- Experience with I.S.O qualifications certifications.
- Experience with welding on high pressure vessels and repair procedures.
- Has experience with welding codes and controls.
- Experience with nuclear requirements an asset.