Continuous Improvement Specialist
Location(s)Williston, VT (US)
Job DescriptionWould you like to make a difference in developing innovative solutions to improve business and manufacturing processes?
We are looking for a Continuous Improvement Specialist at our Williston plant!
At Velan, we stand out for the values that drive us, our leadership, and the passion that all members have in achieving results. With our head office in Montreal and 12 manufacturing sites worldwide, we manufacture and market ranges of complex and innovative valves for different sectors of activity.
We thus help our business partners in the primary and secondary sectors to be more efficient and competitive by reducing their total operational cost.
- Act as the functional champion for continuous improvement through the application and facilitation of Lean & Six Sigma methodologies, including process improvement opportunities identification, measurement and analysis, planning, execution, and control, while ensuring alignment with the corporate CI program.
- Facilitate and organize workshops/problem solving teams to achieve breakthroughs in process performance by applying typical Lean techniques (i.e., Value Stream Mapping, Mistake-proofing, 5S, etc.)
- Analyze and continuously review the current processes employed by Velan. Work with the functional leadership team to identify & create project plans to continuously improve efficiency, safety, quality, costs, capacity and eliminate waste.
- Participate in the functional CI governance process and influences stakeholders to ensure results are achieved.
- Act as functional lead for the deployment of the Velan Lean Management System (LMS).
- Collaborate with CI peers at other Velan departments/plants/locations to share best practices and establish standardization of initiative implementations across all sites.
- Support the functional leadership team in maintaining operational metrics for the site.
- Target, analyze and assess the feasibility and the profitability of improvement initiatives, including the suggestion program.
- Determine important control parameters, leading performance indicators, and build practices and procedures to ensure control of the processes.
We offer you:
- A career, not just a job!
- Competitive base salary, accompanied by an annual performance bonus.
- Comprehensive group insurance program, including a telemedicine program.
- Group RRSP with employer contribution.
- Laptop provided.
- Bachelor’s degree, with a preference for Industrial Engineering or Operations Management or equivalent in experience
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience and 3 in a similar position in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong knowledge and experience in the application of Continuous Improvement methods and tools such as Lean Concepts, 5S, problem solving, Kaizen, etc.