Senior Advisor, Health, Safety and Environment
Location(s)Montreal, QC (Canada)
Job DescriptionWould you like to be part of a manufacturing sector organization that puts health, safety, and environment first?
At Velan, we stand out for the human values that drive us, our local leadership, and the passion that all members have in achieving results. With our head office in Montreal and 12 factories worldwide, we manufacture and market ranges of complex and innovative faucets for different sectors of activity.
We thus help our business partners in the primary and secondary sectors to be more efficient and competitive by reducing their total operational cost.
To help us plan, organize and control the health, safety, and environment aspect of our Montreal plant, we are looking for a Senior Advisor, Health, Safety and Environment to complete our team!
You like to get involved as much in strategic orientations as in improvement initiatives and the implementation of concrete solutions to make the work environment safe for everyone.
You are looking for the opportunity to use your sense of initiative and your leadership by supervising and coaching the plant's business partners and managers to support them in the implementation of best HSE practices.
Do you want to join a dynamic team that offers you the opportunity to make a difference in health, safety, and the environment?
You could then find great satisfaction in this role of Senior Advisor, Health, Safety and Environment!
We offer you:
- A career, not just a job!
- An environment focused on listening to its employees.
- Competitive base salary, accompanied by an annual performance bonus.
- Comprehensive group insurance program, with access to a telemedicine program.
- Group RRSP with employer contribution.
- Laptop and cell phone provided
RequirementsIf you have:
- Bachelor's degree in industrial relations or related field (Certificate or DESS in occupational health and safety, an asset).
- At least five (5) years of experience in HSE management in the manufacturing sector.
- Experience with one or more HSE management system(s) (example: ISO 45001 / ISO 14001), an asset.
- Knowledge of HSE laws and regulations.
- Proven knowledge of incident investigation and analysis and HSE technical aspects (example: working at height, lifting, and rigging, confined space, lockout, etc.).
- Spoken and written bilingualism (French and English)
And if you have the ambitions described above, you could be our next Senior Advisor, Health, Safety and Environment!
We subscribe to the principle of employment equity and confidentiality.