Application Engineer (Temporary)
Location(s)Montreal, QC (Canada)
Job DescriptionObjectives of the Position:
- To provide applications engineering services in support of quotations activities.
- To prepare or assist in the preparation of quotations.
- To ensure a timely, high quality and competitive response to customer requirements.
- To ensure that sound engineering practices and procedures are implemented in the pre-order and order entry phases.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Review, evaluate and clarify customer inquiries and technical specifications.
- Identify technical factors in customer inquiries that may affect cost, delivery and ability to conform.
- Select, size and price valves and actuators that conform to customers’ requirements.
- Coordinate with internal departments to obtain the information needed to provide comprehensive quotations.
- Review incoming orders for conformance to the quotation and resolve any differences to ensure smooth order entry.
- Prepare and issue actuator ordering documents at time of order entry.
- Provide general applications engineering and quotations support to internal and external clients, including follow-up assistance on quotations and orders.
- Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering preferred
- Experience in inside sales or customer service in industrial products
- Previous experience with selection of mechanical equipment such as pumps, heat exchangers, compressors, pipes and fittings, etc.
- Strong communication skills in French and English (oral and written)
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel)
- Strong organizational skills and ability to respond well to changing priorities and deadlines
- Eligible for OIQ membership, an asset
- Fluency in another language (Spanish, Chinese) an asset
- Some knowledge of valve selection and ASME codes is desirable