Location(s)Montreal, QC (Canada), Missouri City, TX (US)
Job DescriptionThe Product Manager will be responsible to design and coordinate a product plan delivering consistent improvements in terms of sales, Key Target Market (KTM) penetration and direct & gross margins. In collaboration with Sales, Quotations, Engineering, Supply Chain Management departments and Plant operations, the Product Manager plays a key integrator role in order to establish a successful Velan product strategy for product lines he or she is responsible for.
More precisely, he or she will be responsible for:
Market research and analysis
- Develop an understanding of customer needs for assigned KTMs;
- Perform full analysis of assigned KTMs competitive landscape as well as economic and industry indicators and trends;
- Perform full analysis and projection of regional market size, growth rates and current market share position;
- Update project win/loss database for analysis.
- Analyze product line pricing and profitability, by channel, market and end-user;
- Prioritize sales channels;
- Address key gaps in product lines, including new designs, applications, licenses, margin issues;
- Identify key elements of a successful business model;
- Establish a 5-year product roadmap.
- Establish price lists and policies in collaboration with VP Marketing and approve tactical project and annual contract pricing.
- Establish product line value proposition and positioning;
- Elaborate training material for sales and other stakeholders;
- Develop brand/product communication and promotion plan (including brochures & technical documentation);
- Collaborate to the selection, approval and execution of exhibitions;
- Support for product launch activities.
- Support sales leadership in setting booking targets, and identifying market opportunities;
- Develop sales tools and presentations;
- Manage customer complaints and recommend corrective actions
- University degree in a technical and business related subject (ex.: Engineering, Manufacturing, Management, Marketing);
- Lean Manufacturing Training or certification, an asset;
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in Product Management for a technical product;
- Exceptional marketing and analytical skills;
- Knowledge of different sales strategies;
- Industry experience, a major asset;
- Experience with product life cycle;
- Bilingualism (French and English), oral and written. Knowledge of a third language is an asset;
- Good knowledge of technical and business terms;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Sound negotiation skills.