Manager, Global Supply Chain Planning
Montreal, QC (Canada)
The Manager, Global Supply Chain Planning is responsible to develop the master production plan to satisfy customer demand while carrying minimum effective inventory. The qualified individual will be responsible for providing the plant with a monthly production plan consistent with the plant capacity and sales forecast. The sales forecasts, new business opportunities, customer expectations, and internal supply constraints will be used to develop production plans, by month, for a rolling three-month period. Strong collaboration with the General Managers, Operations, Sales and Marketing will be critical to meeting business goals.
- Plan and control all scheduling activities supporting assigned Plants and products. Balance production and inventory levels with demand to support target consistent with 95% on time delivery, inventory turn goals and capacity utilization/staffing requirements.
- Develops a feasible capacity planning tool and process as well as an 18-month master production schedules for finished goods and component items based on capacity requirements. Calculates resulting requirements for raw materials, purchased parts and packaging supplies based on MRP methodology.
- Develop valid, feasible production schedules for finished goods and component items based on equipment, labor and raw material availability.
- Interact frequently with sales, marketing and manufacturing personnel to balance supply and demand.
- Present summary of key information at weekly Management Production meeting.
- Develop production compliance metrics to measure performance.
- Publish and perform root cause analyses on key metrics including Customer Service Level, Actual vs. Scheduled Productions and Master Schedule Stability.
- Participates on Infor LN development teams in order to eliminate the use of off-line spreadsheets and processes for scheduling.
- Lead efforts to install standard processes for the Master Production Scheduling function, in accordance with MRP methodology.
- With Plant and sales planning reporting functionally to him, involve them in the new deployed planning process and through leadership, ensure their training and engagement towards a high performing team.
- Bachelor degree in one of the preferred areas of study: Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Business Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or in another related field.
- APICS certification an asset.
- 5-8 years’ experience in Manufacturing and/or Materials management, including at least two years in Master scheduling and Inventory control.
- Experienced user of MRP systems such as SAP, experience with Baan is an asset.
- Sound knowledge of supply chain processes and procedures including manufacturing planning, demand, and replenishment processes.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to reason and influence at all levels.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills.
- Ability to manage complexity and resolve conflicts that arise from balancing multiple priorities