Legal Counsel and Director of Compliance
Location(s)Montreal, QC (Canada), Williston, VT (US)
Job DescriptionVelan is looking for a Legal Counsel and Director of Compliance (permanent position).
That person will:
- create, implement and manage compliance programs including export compliance (ITAR, EAR US regulations, Canadian Controlled Goods Program and other applicable regulations), processes and policies;
- monitor and inform departments of changes in regulations;
- train employees and establish an internal communication and monitoring programs;
- implement corrective actions when needed;
- identify and ensure follow up on operational risks;
- manage and monitor outside counsels work performed in relation with US litigation files (mass tort) in collaboration with the General Counsel.
So, are you ready to join us and take on this new challenge?
- Bachelor of law degree and bar admission (preferably);
- 10 to 15 years of experiences in Compliance;
- Excellent knowledge of the US and Canada export regulations and contracts;
- Good computer skills, and ability to use and understand an ERP system;
- Bilingualism (oral and written);
- Remarkable work ethics including strict confidentiality.