Location(s)Montreal, QC (Canada)
Job DescriptionThe Welding Technician is responsible for carrying out tests related to the qualification of welding procedures as well as the development of efficient welding methods. The welder is in charge of performing welds as part of the qualifications of the operating procedures and the development of welding methods.
More precisely, he/she will be responsible to:
- Carry out qualification tests of the welding and reloading procedures according to the applicable codes and standards, including the drafting of test plans, the testimony of the tests and the follow-up with the external and internal laboratories.
- Provide technical support to the various departments of the company.
- Work in collaboration with the metallurgical technician, the project manager and the welding supervisors, in all tasks related to the development of welding methods and optimization of procedures.
- Testing, optimization and scheduling of robotic welding parameters.
- Maintain the equipment inventory and consumables of the welding center.
- Make purchase requisitions when necessary.
- Perform light maintenance on the center's welding equipment.
- Use of welding machines: GTAW, SMAW, GMAW / FCAW (knowing how to use SAW and PAW welding machines would be a plus).
- Use of robotic / mechanized welding machines.
- Work in collaboration with the welding technician to optimize and improve welding procedures and methods.
- Maintain an inventory of consumables.
- Ensure the availability of materials (basic and supply) and machines for welding tests.
- Demonstrate during practical training.
- Ensure order and correct operation of welding center of excellence equipment.
- College Studies Diploma in welding preferred
- Specialization in welding
- Experience in 2 years welding mechanics would be an asset
- Experience in heavy industry
- Analytical spirit, curious and open to new technologies
- Team spirit
- French and English Bilingualism
- Reading plans
- Knowledge of the
- basic principles of welding processes
- General knowledge of welding codes and standards
- Robotic welding knowledge would be an asset