Location(s)Montreal, QC (Canada)
Job DescriptionThe Metallurgical Technician is responsible for the metallurgical laboratory. He is in charge of performing all metallurgical tests as part of the qualification of the operating modes, the development of welding methods and research projects.
More precisely, he/she will be responsible to:
- Use of various welding preparation and analysis machines (grinding wheel, polisher, press, microscopes, durometer, spectrometer, tensile and impact machine, hardness machine).
- Use of chemicals necessary for macro and micrographic examinations of samples.
- Write technical analysis reports.
- Work in collaboration with the welding technician as part of the qualification of operating procedures and the development of optimized welding methods.
- Work in collaboration with the metallurgist as part of the failure analysis tests and research projects.
- Keep the inventory of the laboratory up to date.
- Provide technical support to the various departments of the company.
- Carry out light maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment.
- Report weekly on the progress of the work and the problems encountered.
- Create supports and provide metallurgical training to company staff.
- DEC in metallurgy
- Specialization in welding would be an asset
- Analytical spirit, curious and open to new technologies
- Team work and collaboration
- French and English Bilingualism
- Experience in 2 year metallurgical and mechanical testing would be an asset
- Experience in welding would be an asset
- Knowledge of metallurgical and mechanical tests
- Knowledge of the basic principles of welding processes would be an asset
- General knowledge of codes and standards in welding would be an asset