Location(s)Montreal, QC (Canada)
Job DescriptionGlobal Responsibilities :
- Participate in the product development project in a R&D Laboratory environment.
- Participate and prepare the technical documents, test plans, qualification procedures and test reports.
- Use Velan’s established system to manage the sealing technology program/projects (i.e., Plan, Execution, Monitoring, and Control of the projects for schedule, resources and deliverables.)
- Respect all the deadlines and interfere with an interdisciplinary group collaboration (Industrialization, Operations, etc.)
- Use and Maintain the R&D equipment (boiler, heating, cryogenic tank, mass spectrometer, universal traction machine, Charpy impact, tribometer and microscope, etc.) as well as the laboratory instruments ( load displacement, deformation and temperature)
- Follow the best practices SST and environment (HSE) and all the company procedure.
- Be the actor of transformation «Lean » in laboratory.
- Occasionally provide field service support in the field of repair or maintenance.
Technology and product development.
- Participate to the conception, modification, improvement and automating different test benches.
- Do recommendation for performance improvement and to reduce the cost of products.
- Participate in special tests (nuclear, defense).
- Build positive relationship with customers.
- Occasionally, investigate customer feedback that requires technical evaluations.
DEC Mechanical Engineering or Technical Technology physics
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE:
Minimum 5 years in manufacturing environment.
Minimum 5 years in R&D environment.
Minimum 5 years in a similar position.
Solid experience in the field service.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Knowledge and experience of R&D tests, design, product development (National Instruments, Allen Bradley, would be a plus).
Knowledge of valves, fittings, pressure vessels, would be a plus.
Knowledge of Industrial valve standards, would be a plus.
Analytical Spirit, curious and open to new technology.
French and English Bilingualism.
Proficiency in use of Excel and Word.
Able to prepare technical reports in English