Technical Service Manager & Customer Support
Location(s)Montreal, QC (Canada)
Job DescriptionReporting to the Director, After-Market, the Manager, Technical Service Manager & Customer Support will be mainly responsible for managing a team to resolve technical customer service issues, business process improvement and business development. . He/she will work closely with departmental leaders, technical specialists, and the After-Market team to drive for results.
More specifically, he/she will be responsible to:
- Manage a team composed of Technical Analysts and Field Service Technicians to respond to and resolve technical customer issues related to product performance or product warranty
- Develop partnerships with cross-functional departments to resolve complex customer issues
- Escalate important issues to senior management.
- Coordinate Field Service Technicians to go on-site to resolve technical issues.
- Ensure timely and accurate follow up with customers following field visits
- Oversee program for third-party approved service shops.
- Improve departmental procedures to ensure traceability and accessibility of historical information
- Implement new software to replace existing Field Engineering Services system
- Implement project management practices for large technical customer service issues
- Initiate regular audit program of third-party approved service shops
- Develop growth strategy to generate significantly increased revenue from on-site field service by leveraging third-party approved service shops
- Execute on expanding service revenue by targeting installed base and proactively selling on-site field services
- strong experience and ability to manage field service projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science, or related field.
- 5 to 10 years of experience related to service business, specifically technical customer support and/or Field Engineering Services.
- Ability to understand and interpret technical specifications and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Ability to remain calm and collected when dealing with urgent customer issues
- Proven experience in motivating and managing a team to resolve technical customer service issues.
- Strong leadership, organizational, planning, communication, and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both spoken and written. Functional French is also required. (3rd language knowledge is an asset).