Assistant Manager, non-destructive examination (NDE)
Montreal, QC (Canada)
Velan Inc. is seeking a bilingual, highly motivated and energetic individual with strong interpersonal and communication skills for one of our Montreal production facilities.
- Assist the Manager, NDE to develop, implement and maintain programs methods and procedures ensuring that non-destructive examinations meet the quality standards set by the organization.
- Supervising UT examinations
- Interpreting RT films and reports and resolving related problems
- interacting with suppliers, customers and regulatory authorities
- assisting NDE Manager in training L1 and or L2 inspectors as permitted by SNT-TC-1A, CGSB and Velan written practice
- You will also be required to upgrade your skills and obtain certification to minimum Level 2 in other disciplines such as MT and PT, as well as upgrading your CGSB RT and UT certification to L3
- College Degree or equivalent technical education or experience.
- Minimum 5 years of RT and UT work experience at Level 2; experience in radiography of steel castings is strongly preferred.
- Valid CGSB card for RT and UT L2.
- A minimum of three years of work experience in an ISO 9001 manufacturing or service environment; experience in NCA-4000 quality assurance systems is a definite asset.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
- Superior communication skills in both French and English.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.