Quality Assurance Specialist
Location(s)Williston, VT (US)
Job DescriptionReporting to the Manager, Quality Assurance, the incumbent is responsible to ensure timely compliance with the WBS milestones under his/her responsibility and the successful implementation of the VPM workflow; to assist in the development and implementation of methods and processes needed to ensure that the product meets the quality standards set by the organization.
More precisely, he or she will be responsible to:
- Write quality control instructions, (QCI) inspection testing plan (ITP) and procedures based on requirements contained in the customer’s order and specifications
- Initial submission to Customer and follow up of the project related documents (QCIs, ITP, procedures, etc.)
- Participate as QA representative in Velan Project Management
- Participate in the development and the implementation of various Velan standard quality procedures and instructions
- Evaluate non-conformities (Material Review Committee)
- Perform internal quality audits, participate in audits performed by external parties
- Interact with customer representatives and regulatory authorities
- Review and approve purchase orders to suppliers
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Industrial engineering, or a related field of engineering.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in an engineering field; in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 3 years of Quality Assurance, Quality Control or Quality management in an ISO 9001 manufacturing environment; experience in NCA-4000 quality assurance systems.
- ASME/ANSI standards and material specifications relevant to the pressure vessel or piping/fittings industry
- ASME Section III Division 1, asset
- Military specifications related to materials, welding, NDE,
- ISO 9001 and NQA-1; qualified as auditor is an asset
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Superior English communication and writing
- Ability to work under pressure, time management
- Superior problem solving
- Detail oriented