Senior Import/Export Specialist
Location(s)Williston, VT (US)
Job DescriptionVelan is looking for a Senior Import/Export Specialist (permanent position).
That person will have:
- Working knowledge of the US Customs Federal Code of Regulations Title 19
- Navigate the regulations to ensure importer compliance
- Classification of goods, including understanding of General Rules of Interpretation, free Trade Agreements, duty calculations, and proper use of US Customs Harmonized Classification System
- Valuation of products, as pertains to different types of import transactions
- Understanding Binding Ruling with US Customs
- Monitor with Customs Broker timeliness and accuracy of customs entries and releases and ensure a high level of data integrity.
- Audit import documentation for accuracy and compliance
- Provide guidance and technical advice to staff involving in the preparation of shipping documents
- Familiar with Automated Commercial Environment Portal (ACE Portal) application
- Export Automated Export System (AES) reporting
- Review liquidation reports to ensure entries are properly liquidated by US Customs
- Working knowledge of Incoterms and correct use, based on import/ export transaction
- Knowledgeable in truck movement
- Audit and approve Freight bills presented by various service providers.
- Maintain procedures for exporting product from the USA
- Ensuring records are properly retained and internal record keeping procedures are followed for all types of US Customs entries.
- Continuously evaluate current processes and recommend relevant changes or improvements to increase compliance and efficiency.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (Supply Chain , Business …)
- A US Customs broker’s license is a plus
- Classification certification is a plus
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience in international trade /customs environment