Senior PMO Coordinator
Location(s)Montreal, QC (Canada)
Job DescriptionAs a member of the corporate Breakthrough Office (BTO), the incumbent will play a key role in ensuring the efficient execution of Velan’s managed initiatives program while raising organizational execution discipline and overall process awareness. The Senior BTO Coordinator is able to lead initiatives and also support initiative leaders at various stages of their project lifecycles through direct assistance and coaching to transfer knowledge and develop autonomy. The Senior BTO Coordinator acts as a process facilitator to assist process owners and managers map their processes in the Business Process Management System (BPMS). The Senior BTO Coordinator also contributes to the development of tools, systems, and processes in support of effectively managing the CI & Change Program.
- Provides counsel and advice on properly completing idea proposals and initiative charters, such as definition, benefits, scope, objectives, critical success factors, constraints, risks, key performance indicators, stakeholders, etc.
- For selected approved initiatives, assists in the development of workable plans, resource allocation, work breakdown structures, project timelines, milestones, and deliverables.
- Provides assistance in the execution of initiatives such as; preparing and conducting the kickoff meeting, risk management, maintaining the schedule, tracking progress, follow-up, producing and presenting progress reports, conducting review meetings and team meetings.
- Leads initiatives of a project management nature, when required.
- For completed initiatives, provides counsel and advice on preparing final reports and conducting post mortems.
- Facilitates process mapping exercises
- Adheres to and adopts established project management methodologies by keeping abreast of best practices. Adapts and incorporates best practices into Velan’s body of knowledge by developing Playbook content.
- Advises on software for project governance, management and tracking, and BPMS and teaches others on their use.
- Provides training and coaching on project management and process mapping skills and tools, as required.
- Develops tools, templates and processes intended to standardize and facilitate project and program management practices within the organization.
- Helps establish, monitor and maintain the BTO program initiatives portfolio and BSC KPIs.
- May also provide expertise on change management and the application of continuous improvement tools.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Director, Continuous Improvement & Change Program.
University degree, with a preference for Industrial Engineering or Operations Management or the equivalent experience in managing cross-functional projects
Project Management Institute certification (PMP)
Relevant Work Experience:
3-5 years relevant experience in project management, preferably in a lean manufacturing environment
Knowledge of Project Management
Knowledge of MS Project
MS Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
MS Project Online
Knowledge of Change Management (ADKAR model)
Knowledge of lean principles and practices
Fluently bilingual - written and oral, English and French
Able to conduct effective meetings
Able to work under pressure and with little supervision
Able to develop tools and templates to simplify tasks
Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
Strong analytical skills
Able to develop and maintain lasting relationships with stakeholders
Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities and deadlines
Able to coach others