Location(s)Montreal, QC (Canada)
Job DescriptionReporting to the Production manager, the welding supervisor is responsible to make sure that welding is executed by qualified welders according to quality standards and approved procedures.
- Supervise, instruct and guides approximately 20 welders assigned on our three shifts.
- Control qualifications of welders and welding procedures and ensure that they are respected
- Schedule manpower (welders) and take appropriate actions to meet or surpass welding out-put targets.
- Ensure that welding supplies including consumable parts welding material for example rods, wire, powder for hard-facing is always available.
- Collaborate with our methods and industrial engineering department to find new methods within our specification and code requirements to continually improve out-put and improve quality.
- Work closely with welding engineering to develop and improve our welder’s knowledge and methods including our welding procedures.
- Should have a welders training and background.
- 5 to 10 years’ experience as welding supervisor
- Needs experience with welding different types (grades) of Steel, Carbon, Stainless steels, alloy steels
- Should have experience with plasma process for deposit of hard-facing on the above different grades of steel.
- Has also acquired experience with the following welding processes – FCAW, GMAW, GTAW, SMAW, PAW, SAW
- Experience with I.S.O qualifications certifications.
- Experience with welding on high pressure vessels and repair procedures.
- Has experience with welding codes and controls.
- Experience with nuclear requirements an asset.