Montreal, QC (Canada)
We currently have an opening for an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual within the Finance Department in our Montreal head office. Reporting to the Manager, Finance & Budget, the ideal candidate will support all aspects of corporate finance function. Specifically, as a member of the finance team, you will assist in:
- The preparation of reports for internal management reporting purposes and the analytical review of financial information by comparing actual results to budgets and prior periods
- The preparation of quarterly and annual statutory external financial reports including but not limited to consolidated financial statements
- The preparation of annual budgets and forecasts
- The implementation and/or improvement of product costing systems
- The implementation of new International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”) as they arise, specifically the new IFRS 16 standards
- The execution of special projects as they arise
- Meeting the organization’s statutory tax requirements, including preparation of corporate income tax returns, preparation of documentation for international transfer pricing purposes, and assistance with government tax audits as they arise.
Qualified candidates should possess good judgement, the capacity to prioritize multiple projects concurrently, and the ability to meet tight deadlines. They should also have a strong team spirit with the ability to adapt easily to change and to work autonomously. In addition, they should have:
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with a concentration in accounting. CPA preferable but not mandatory
- 3 to 4 years of professional experience in a public company, preferably in the manufacturing sector
- Strong analytical skills and critical thinking
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to deal with individuals at all levels within the organization, as well as outside the organization such as external auditors and consultants
- Fluency in French and English as well as strong computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- Knowledge of Cognos Controller and TM1 (consolidation and budgeting software) and/or Infor LN (ERP System) would be considered an asset but is not required.