Location(s)Montreal, QC (Canada)
Job DescriptionJob Description
Reporting to the Quotation Manager SSBU, the Application Engineer has overall responsibility to provide applications engineering services to the Severe Service Business Unit (SSBU). The candidate will have to prepare and/or assist in the preparation of quotations in addition to ensure that sound engineering practices and procedures are implemented in the pre-order and order entry phases.
More precisely, he/she is responsible to:
- Review, evaluate and clarify customer inquiries and technical specifications.
- Identify technical factors in customer inquiries that may affect cost, delivery and ability to conform.
- Select, size and price valves and actuators that conform to customers’ requirements.
- Coordinate with internal departments to obtain the information needed to provide comprehensive quotations.
- Review incoming orders for conformance to the quotation and resolve any differences to ensure smooth order entry.
- Prepare ordering documents at time of order entry.
- Provide general applications engineering and quotations support to internal and external clients, including follow-up assistance on quotations and orders.
- Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering preferred
- Experience in inside sales or customer service in industrial products
- Previous experience with selection of mechanical equipment such as pumps, heat exchangers, compressors, pipes and fittings, etc., an asset
- Strong communication skills in French and English (oral and written)
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, Especially Excel)
- Strong organizational skills and ability to respond well to changing priorities and deadlines
- Eligible for OIQ membership, an asset
- Fluency in another language (Spanish, Chinese) an asset
- Some knowledge of valve selection and ASME codes is desirable