Location(s)Montreal, QC (Canada)
Job DescriptionDirectly reporting to the Director, Manufacturing Strategy, the incumbent of this position will support and evolve the integrated asset and maintenance management system (process and data) and make it operational. The Maintenance planner is responsible for planning the human and material resources to maintain the equipment of the Velan North America plants to maintain their operational availability. They will work closely with the maintenance supervisors and the different trades of the Velan factories.
More precisely, he/she will be responsible to:
- Develop standard work plans, create the preventive maintenance program and update the schedule of maintenance program in the Maximo system.
- Maintain and optimize all equipment work information in the Maximo Preventive Maintenance System.
- Prepares cost estimates for works and parts and schedules maintenance work on plants in North America.
- Establish maintenance schedules, scheduling and frequencies required to complete the work.
- Organize, prioritize and schedule the maintenance (short-term and long-term) of facilities and plan the procurement of spare parts materials.
- Take part in annual or periodic inventories of inventoried spare parts.
- Ensure the application and adherence to the health, safety and environment principles of the company and clearly communicate all the safety requirements of each planned job.
- Receive and process maintenance requests from internal clients in Maximo.
- As a team with the maintenance department and plant managers, develop and monitor the performance indicators related to the maintenance work management processes and highlight the significant differences.
- Define improvement plans with the maintenance teams.
- Assist operations and maintenance management by analyzing maintenance costs and recommending actions to reduce costs
- Promote, develop and encourage leaders and employees to use preventative and predictive maintenance procedures
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or operations management.
- Three to five years of relevant planning experience in a machining manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of CNC machines and other systems required in machining including welding.
- Experience using a computerized Maintenance Management System, ideally Maximo, preferably in a scheduling role.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and Word.