Financial Analyst - Costing
Location(s)Montreal, QC (Canada)
Job DescriptionWe currently have an opening for an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual within the Finance Department in our Montreal head office. Reporting to the Vice-President Finance, the ideal candidate will support the implementation of the process costing and all aspects related to cost accounting.
Specifically, as a member of the finance team, you will assist in:
- The preparation of reports for internal management reporting purposes on margin profitability.
- The implementation of cost accounting system.
- Performing monthly material and direct labor consumption reconciliation.
- Maintaining cost accounting system and cost ledger.
- The preparation of the month end report of the production cost compared to budget;
- The preparation of the reconciliation report of the production cost compared to original quotation.
- Supporting the procurement department with their cost saving initiative.
- Supporting the Marketing department in pricing.
- Supporting the material and direct labor cost budgeting process.
- The realization of special project.
RequirementsQualified candidates should possess good judgement, the capacity to prioritize multiple projects concurrently, and the ability to meet deadlines. They should also have a strong team spirit with the ability to adapt easily to change and to work autonomously. In addition, they should have:
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with a concentration in accounting with CPA certification.
- 3 to 4 years of professional experience in a cost accounting position in a manufacturing company.
- Strong analytical skills and critical thinking.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to deal with individuals in the others department (production, procurement, R&D and Marketing etc), at all levels within the organization.
- Fluency in French and English as well as strong computer skills mainly in Excel.
- Knowledge of Infor LN (ERP System) would be considered an asset but is not required.