Montreal, QC (Canada)
Reporting to the Supervisor, Valve Quotations, the incumbent of this position will be accountable to provide applications engineering services in support of quotations activities and ensure that sound engineering practices and procedures are implemented in the pre-order and order entry phases.
- Review, evaluate and clarify customer inquiries and technical specifications.
- Establish a value proposition, competitive positioning, and pricing strategies to maximize revenue and gross margin dollars while minimizing risk based on scope identification of system requirements in RFQ documents.
- Identify technical factors in customer inquiries that may affect cost, delivery and ability to conform.
- Select, size and price valves and actuators that conform to customers’ requirements.
- Coordinate with internal departments to obtain the information needed to provide comprehensive quotations.
- Review incoming orders for conformance to the quotation and resolve any differences to ensure smooth order entry.
- Prepare and issue actuator ordering documents at time of order entry.
- Provide general applications engineering and quotations support to internal and external clients, including follow-up assistance on quotations and orders.
- Use of judgment and initiative necessary to identify priorities, solve problems, meet schedule, adapt to change and choose the most efficient ways to do the work
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- Experience in inside sales or customer service in industrial products
- Experience in reviewing engineering specifications
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel)
- Strong communication skills in French and English (oral and written)
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients within and outside the company
- Ability to respond well to changing priorities and deadlines
- Member of the O.I.Q.