Location(s)Montreal, QC (Canada)
Job DescriptionAs a member of the Engineering Department, the candidate will be in charge of designing valves.
Responsibilities• Review and analyze specifications and requirements for assigned work.
• Prepare designs, calculations, drawings and parts lists for the construction of industrial valve assemblies and associated parts.
• Prepare 3d models and drawings.
• Ensures that designs meet the requirements of applicable codes and standards.
• Design for manufacturability and maintainability of the valve.
• Ensure designs meet Velan engineering standards.
• Complete assigned tasks within time and budget constraints.
Requirements• University degree (bachelor or higher) in engineering or engineering technology, or equivalent.
• Member OIQ.
• Minimum 5 years as mechanical designer working in an industrial equipment manufacturing environment.
• Experience in Valve design.
• Knowledge /experience in mechanical design.
• Knowledge /experience in working in a PDM/PLM environment.
• Knowledge of drafting and tolerancing standards.
• Good understanding of machining and manufacturing methods.
• Knowledge/experience using 3D solid modeling CAD systems
• Knowledge/experience using engineering and design analytical software (ANSYS, CFX,MathCAD, etc.).
• Knowledge and experience with valve and pressure vessel design standards and procedures, including ASME, API, ISO, MSS, BS, DIN, etc.