Location(s)Montreal, QC (Canada)
- Prepare and certify deliverable design reports, seismic analyses, structural test reports and technical briefs to support the design and qualification of our products. These documents are subject to review and approval by clients and jurisdictional authorities.
- Participate in product improvement and in new-product development to better serve our clients in nuclear and conventional power, oil and gas, chemicals, refining, mining and other industries.
- Evaluate existing valve designs for compliance with project design specifications, codes and standards and industry guidelines.
- Participate in valve qualification programs to meet ASME, API and ISO standards, industry guidelines and client-specific requirements.
Position Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Develop and document the technical bases for design calculations and calculation templates.
- Review RFQ's and specifications, identify technical requirements and recommend exceptions and clarifications as necessary.
- Assist in resolution of contract technical issues.
- Support the design process by providing input to designers and reviewing design calculations.
- Review and certify manufacturing drawings.
- Provide engineering support to the manufacturing group including review and disposition of deviation reports.
- Develop procedures and acceptance criteria for structural and functional testing.
- Support field engineering service department with forensic analysis and root cause evaluation.
- Support organizational initiatives and provide engineering support as defined by management.
- Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Five to ten years of employment in the design, analysis and qualification of pressure vessels, pressure components or like equipment.
- Familiarity with the ASME B&PV Code design criteria for pressure vessels and pressure and process piping. Knowledge of EN vessel, piping and valve standards would be an asset.
- Knowledge of ASME steels, machining, welding processes and mechanical assembly.
- Solid grasp of the fundamentals of engineering mechanics, strength of materials and fluid dynamics.
- Proficiency in use of 3D solid modeling and analysis software (preferably PTC-Creo, ANSYS Workbench, MathCAD and Excel). Experience in CFD would be an asset.
- Able to use of broad range of engineering principles and personal experience to develop defendable solutions to complex engineering problems.
Desirable Experience and/or Education
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent preferred
- Experience with gate, globe, check, ball and triple offset valve designs, including air and motor actuated valves.
- Knowledge of Section III Division 1 of the ASME B&PV Code as it pertains to valve design and manufacture. Participation in Code activities is desired.