Location(s)Montreal, QC (Canada)
Reporting to the Specialist, Procurement Process & Data Analytics the incumbent will be responsible for developing data analytics procurement intelligence in support of the development of a worldclass procurement function. The Analyst will ensure master data consistency and provide a regular flow of spend analytics to procurement leaders and sourcing specialists.
- Develop data fluency and use a variety of techniques to produce powerful visualizations supporting ethical data-based decisions.
- Develop and monitor key performance indicators such as on-time delivery, average days late, quality defective rate, cost savings, etc.
- Using informed market analysis, execute the process to measure cost savings and monitor expected returns on investments of the sourcing business plan.
- Monitor and ensure accuracy of procurement transactions, to provide quality spend data.
- Apply appropriate concepts to maintain and improve database structure and integrity.
- Collaborate with the information service and technology application team to support the implementation of a digital supply chain and other new technologies as needed.
- Partner with members of the procurement function to generate analysis and present insights towards informed decision making.
- Support cost modelling / supply chain cost breakdown as needed for use in strategic sourcing negotiations.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Velan North America, to be extended to other countries following a phase in approach.
- Office work environment;
- Overtime needed in peak periods; and,
- Occasional travel, locally, and internationally.
- University degree in quantitative or business-related field.
- Business intelligence is an asset (candidates with an equivalent work experience will also be considered).
- Minimum 2 years in a similar position.
- Experience with procurement/sourcing category level analytics and systems.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft 365.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Power BI.
- Advanced knowledge of material requirements planning systems.
- Good knowledge of business concepts.
- Bilingual in French and English.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Knowledgeable about how organizations function; knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network; understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices, and procedures.
Drive for Results
Takes actions to meet and exceed goals and expectations; is bottomline oriented; strives for continuous improvement to make products, services, and work practices more efficient and effective; steadfastly pushes self for results.
Teamwork & Cooperation
Is willing and able to work cooperatively and supportively with colleagues; develops positive and open relationships with team members to solve problems and achieve business goals.
Flexibility & Change
Is able to adapt and respond positively to a variety of situations and people to meet changing priorities; adapts to new ways of working to deliver the desired results.
Enabling Strategic Competencies
Is knowledgeable in current industry trends and information affecting his/her business; knows the competition and the supply chain; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
Attention to Detail
Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved. Provides accurate, consistent numbers on all paperwork; provides information in a useable form and on a timely basis to others who need to act on it. Follows procedures. Work requires little or no checking.
Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives and to achieve goals beyond what is required; is proactive. Takes immediate action when confronted with a problem or when made aware of a situation. Proposes new ideas or potential solutions without prompting; does not wait for others to act or to request action.