Location(s)Montreal, QC (Canada)
Reporting to the Manager, Procurement Operations, the incumbent will be responsible for the timely placement of purchase orders and return of materials sent out for sub-contracting operations.
- Process shop orders and clarify specifications for sub-contractor operations.
- Prepare purchase sub-contractor operations such as machining, welding repairs, surface treatment, chroming, and non-destructive testing.
- Work closely with the Planning Department to ensure proper execution shop order translation into purchase orders.
- Ensure that the required material arrives on the appointed date at the right location and that it meets the agreed quality.
- Rigorously track orders and expeditions through thorough organization.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with suppliers, evaluate vendor performance, and utilize different vendor sources to fill material requirements.
- Maintain tracking system for controlling open orders, and supplier on-time deliveries.
- Provide quick support and resolutions when supplier quality deviations arise by interfacing with sub-contractors and Velan Quality Department.
- Maintain an excellent working relationship with all internal stakeholders such as Value Stream Managers, and Planning, Project Management and Quality departments.
- Office type environment.
- Diploma of college studies (Quebec Cegep) in procurement management or the equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience related to buying in sub-contracting and purchasing.
- Experience in the valve industry is an asset.
- Fluent in French and English (oral and written).
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel.
- Ability to understand drawings and specifications.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Resources Planning, specifically Infor LN.
- Knowledge of metal processing.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and stakeholder expectations.
- Ability to work autonomously and take initiatives.
- Ability to demonstrate persistence and resourcefulness.
Is dedicated to meeting the needs and expectations of internal and/or external customers; talks and acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Drive for Results
Takes actions to meet and exceed goals and expectations; is bottom-line oriented; strives for continuous improvement to make products, services, and work practices more efficient and effective; steadfastly pushes self for results.
Teamwork & Cooperation
Is willing and able to work cooperatively and supportively with colleagues; develops positive and open relationships with team members to solve problems and achieve business goals.
Flexibility & Change
Is able to adapt and respond positively to a variety of situations and people to meet changing priorities; adapts to new ways of working to deliver the desired results.
Is able to learn quickly when facing new problems; is a relentless and versatile learner; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence of complex situations.