Location(s)Granby, QC (Canada)
Velan is looking for a candidate to fill a position as Mechanic Journeyman at its Granby plant.
Reporting to the Maintenance Foreperson, the incumbent will be responsible for the proper operation, installation & preventive and corrective maintenance of the plant's mechanical equipment.
- Performs proper maintenance and adjustment of the plant's mechanical systems;
- Ensures chronic preventive maintenance of mechanical equipment to ensure optimal performance and durability;
- Diagnoses and responds to service calls, while maintaining a maintenance log;
- Collaborates in mechanical equipment repair activities and liaises with subcontractors when necessary;
- Reports any problem that could compromise the service life of mechanical equipment and contributes, if necessary, to the analysis of failures and the required corrective actions;
- Acts as an ambassador for safety in the workplace by contributing to the proper operation of the plant's mechanical equipment;
- Undertakes all other related duties
- Diploma of Vocational Studies (DVS) in Industrial mechanics for construction and maintenance.
Experience & Knowledge
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in industrial/manufacturing mechanics;
- Good knowledge of the best procedures for preventive and corrective maintenance of machinery parts and control systems, preferably on computer numerically controlled (CNC) machines (an asset);
- Gives crucial importance to the safety measures in force in the plant;
- Resourcefulness and autonomy