Painter & Production Finisher
Location(s)Williston, VT (US)
Job DescriptionPrimary Function: Preparation and painting of assembled valves or parts prior to final shipping. Preparation shall consist of but not be limited to, cleaning, taping of end caps, attachment of nameplates, painting and other requirements stated in contract instructions or procedures to preclude damage to valves or their operators.
Description of work: Perform final preparation and painting of valves in accordance with procedures stated on the O & R sheets using necessary apparatus to satisfactorily perform the specific requirements, to include performing simple assembly operations. Required to practice good safety habits at all times and maintain good housekeeping in area. Perform other tasks as designated by Final Inspector and/or Supervisor.
- Medical benefits
- Pension plan
RequirementsPlease note that this is a 1st shift job.
- Able to successfully complete the appropriate training and examinations required by Velan.
- Mechanically inclined and able to comprehend and interpret technical documents and drawings.
- Basic shop math.
- Able to maintain written logs in a neat orderly fashion.
- Able to pass appropriate vision test.
- Must be able to operate a forklift.
- Authorized to work in the U.S. – Required.
- Willing to undergo a background check – Required.
- The above reflects general details considered necessary to describe principal functions of the identified job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements inherent in the job.
- All work associated with this job must be done in adherence with all Velan HSE requirements, Company Rules and Policies and the CBA.
- May be called on to provide orientation or instructions to other employees.
- Applicants may be required to pass a written or practical exam.
- May be called on to do minor upkeep and maintenance and report machine malfunctions or maintenance problems.
- Required to maintain a clean work environment at all times.
- Occasional medium to heavy effort may be required.
- May be required to have personal hand tools available as required for the job.