Senior Business Partner, Human Resources & Health, Safety, and Environment
Location(s)Williston, VT (US)
In collaboration with corporate HR Director, the incumbent will develop and implement HR strategies compliant with state and federal laws and aligned with Velan’s overall business goals. He/She will also be responsible to carry out responsibilities in functional areas such as recruitment and retention, employee and labor relations, compensation, benefit program management, human resource development and oversees payroll and benefits function. In collaboration with the Corporate HSE Manager, he/she will also be responsible for planning, organizing, and managing the safety function of the plant and will administers safety training, tracking of certifications and licenses, workers compensation reporting, and OSHA record keeping.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Develop and implement employee policies, ensuring compliance with state and federal laws.
· Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable employment state and federal laws.
· Takes part in organizational design and development initiatives to increase organizational effectiveness
· Manage the on-site hiring process including drafting and posting job openings, screening applications for relevance, scheduling and assisting with interviews, consulting with hiring managers/supervisors on candidate selection, and preparing offer letters.
· Ensure new employee onboarding process including drug and background screenings and orientation.
· Manage the employee off-boarding process including exit interviews, communication of final check requirements, and timely response to unemployment claims and hearings.
· Advise team members and management on the interpretation of policies, programs, and procedures.
· Manage employee benefits administration including communication, coordination and processing of open enrollment, and conducting benefit orientation for newly eligible employees.
· Responsible for accurate and thorough employee information in personnel, confidential, and medical files and in the HRIS and LRIS.
· Serve as labor relations point person for union leadership including communication and interpretation of the CBA, grievance handling, and general engagement with the union.
· Serve as employee relations point person for all employees with regards to problem solving, provision of information, and performance management.
· Supervise Payroll and HR Administrator
Health Safety and Environment:
· Chair the Joint Health and Safety Committee and HSE Management Review.
· Maintain ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 certifications.
· Prepare for and coordinate HSE audits (internal and/or external) & inspections.
· Manage software programs associated with HSE.
· Provide assurance of compliance to OSHA standards.
· Coordinate efforts pertaining to the plant’s Emergency Response Plan.
· Coordinate efforts pertaining to Workplace Hazard Assessments.
· Ensure consistent adherence to corporate procedures ad work-related instructions
· Ensure compliance in a team-oriented environment.
· Coach employees with regards to best practices in HSE.
· Any other duties relating to maintaining an environment that is healthy and safe for all employees, subcontractors, and visitors.
· Bachelor’s degree in human resources management or business administration
· Minimum of 10 years of human resources and health and safety experience, with HRCI and/or SHRM certification preferred.
· Demonstrated written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy.
· Demonstrated ability to manage and support change efforts.
· Strong relationship management skills with the ability to train, coach, and motivate team members.
· Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism in difficult situations.
· Strong technology skills with experience with Microsoft Office.
· Knowledge of and ability to interpret OSHA standards.
· Knowledge of the NFPA code.
· General knowledge of machine guarding.
To be discussed