Senior Designer Engineer
Location(s)Montreal, QC (Canada)
Under the responsibility of the Manager, Design, the incumbent is responsible for providing design engineering expertise in the development of assigned valve products and related parts.
- Review design specifications and requirements for assigned work.
- Prepare designs, calculations, drawings and parts lists for the construction of industrial valve assemblies and associated parts.
- Perform engineering analysis of designs and parts.
- Ensure that designs allow products and parts to be manufactured and maintained.
- Ensure that the designs meet the requirements of applicable codes, Velan engineering standards and requirements as well as basics of sound engineering practices.
- Complete assigned tasks within time and budget constraints.
- Bachelor degree in engineering or engineering technology, or the equivalent.
- Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec.
- 5 to 10 years as an engineer.
- 1 to 3 year(s) in a similar position.
- Experience in an industrial equipment manufacturing environment is an asset.
- Fluency in French and English (written and oral).
- Strong understanding of design engineering methods and processes.
- Strong knowledge and experience of the Suppliers, Inputs, Process, Outputs, Customers (SIPOC) tool.
- Good understanding of machining and assembly methods and processes.
- Knowledge and experience using 3D solid modeling CAD systems (Pro/Engineer, Catia).
- Knowledge and experience using engineering and design analytical software (ANSYS, CFX, Pro/Mechanica, MathCAD, etc.).
- Knowledge and experience with valve and pressure vessel design standards and procedures, including ASME, API, ISO, MSS, BS, DIN, etc.
Can see ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad perspective; is future-oriented; can accurately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
Is focused on finding solutions to problems through an active approach. Ability to understand issues and break them down to manageable and less complex elements.
Teamwork & Cooperation
Is willing and able to work cooperatively and supportively with colleagues; develops positive and open relationships with team members to solve problems and to achieve business goals.
Can be counted on to exceed expectations successfully; is constantly and consistently an excellent performer; is very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
Ability to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; asks good questions and probes all fruitful sources for; can see underlying or hidden problems and patterns; is excellent at honest analysis; can look beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
Must have very good oral and written communication. Ability to lead discussion, workshop and meeting. Demonstrates assertiveness and capacity to influence.
Enabling Specific Competencies
Ability to make decisions authoritatively and wisely after adequately considering various available courses of action.
Quality-Oriented & Attention to Detail
Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved. Is able to provide accurate, consistent numbers on all paperwork.
Is able to learn quickly when facing new problems; is a relentless and versatile learner; can analyze both successes and failures for clues to improve; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence of complex situations.
- Possible work evenings and weekends.