Location(s)Williston, VT (US)
Job DescriptionUnder the responsibility of the Manager, Design, the incumbent is responsible for designing industrial valves that optimizes quality and cost while respecting all customer technical specifications.
- Review customer design specifications and requirements for assigned work.
- Prepare designs, calculations, drawings, and parts lists for the construction of industrial valve assemblies and associated parts.
- Perform engineering analysis of designs and parts.
- Ensure that designs allow products and parts to be manufactured and maintained.
- Ensure that the designs meet the requirements of applicable codes, Velan engineering standards and requirements as well as basics of sound engineering practices.
- Complete assigned tasks within time and budget constraints.
- Possible work evenings and weekends.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or engineering technology, or the equivalent.
- Member of an engineer professional order is an asset.
- 3 to 5 years as an engineer.
- 1 to 3 year(s) in a similar position.
- Experience in an industrial equipment manufacturing environment is an asset.
- Fluency in English (speaking, listening, reading and writing).
- Knowledge of French is an asset.
- Good understanding of design engineering methods and processes.
- Good understanding of engineering stress calculations methods.
- Good understanding of machining and assembly methods and processes.
- Knowledge and experience using 3D solid modeling CAD systems (Pro/Engineer, Catia).
- Knowledge of design analytical software (ANSYS, Pro, MathCAD, etc.).
- Knowledge and experience with valve and pressure vessel design standards and procedures, including ASME, API, ISO, MSS, BS, DIN, etc.
Enabling Core Competencies
Can see ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad perspective; is future-oriented; can accurately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
Is focused on finding solutions to problems through an active approach. Can understand issues and break them down to manageable and less complex elements.
Teamwork & Cooperation
Is willing and able to work cooperatively and supportively with colleagues; develops positive and open relationships with team members to solve problems and to achieve business goals.
Can be counted on to exceed expectations successfully; is constantly and consistently an excellent performer; is very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
Can solve difficult problems with effective solutions; asks good questions and probes all fruitful sources for; can see underlying or hidden problems and patterns; is excellent at honest analysis; can look beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
Must have very good oral and written communication. Can lead discussions, workshops, and meetings. Demonstrates assertiveness and capacity to influence.
Enabling Specific Competencies
Can make decisions authoritatively and wisely after adequately considering various available courses of action.
Quality-Oriented & Attention to Detail
Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved. Can provide accurate, consistent numbers on all paperwork.
Can learn quickly when facing new problems; is a relentless and versatile learner; can analyze both successes and failures for clues to improve; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence of complex situations.