Location(s)Granby, QC (Canada)
Job DescriptionWithin the industrial engineering team, the Tool Designer is responsible for the design of jigs, the choice of tools and special purpose machines for the production of various parts and for the assembly of industrial valves. He/she contributes to the planning of manufacturing routes for increased productivity. He/she works in collaboration with the C/N programming team.
- Read and analyze technical specifications, valve engineering drawings, bill of materials (BOM) and work instructions;
- Design jigs for the safe machining of parts, tools and special purpose machines using CATIA V5;
- Ensure that the jigs are standard for all types of Velan machines;
- Select the appropriate material for these designs;
- Contact suppliers and subcontractors;
- Assist production staff in the implementation of projects;
- Produce clear and accurate documentation for the manufacture of valves;
- Ensure that fixtures are put into production easily and efficiently;
- Simulate component machining and assembly using CATIA computeraided design software to evaluate the validity of machining and assembly processes.
- Technical College degree in mechanical engineering or in another related field;
- Minimum of 5 years experience in tooling design for conventional, automated and numerically controlled machines;
- Knowledge of CATIA V5 (advanced);
- Good knowledge of Code-G language and MS Office (Word, Excel);
- Solid understanding of machining processes and techniques;
- Technical problem solving skills;
- Ability to work under pressure in a multi-disciplinary team environment;
- Succeed in designing safe, high-performance fixtures in the required time;
- Knowledge of French and English (written and spoken).