Location(s)Montreal, QC (Canada)
In the context of the development of an internal training department, as well as the implementation of a learning management system (LMS), the incumbent will play a key role in terms of organizing, coordinating training activities as well as supporting the development of training tools.
- In terms of coordination:
- Ensure the smooth running of various internal and external training programs and activities.
- Set up the logistics required for the training activities, i.e. plan the groups of participants, book the rooms, trainers, equipment and other resources, print the material for the trainer and learners, etc.
- Follow up on the established schedule as well as invoicing related to the activities.
- In terms of customer service:
- Act as a liaison with those responsible for internal technical training and other partners.
- Develop and maintain a network of suppliers such as trainers, designers, translation firms, etc.
- Promote and communicate training activities through the various internal communication channels (training plans, training schedules, etc.) and other communications with various internal departments.
- In terms of documentation:
- Play an active role in the implementation and maintenance of the LMS: act as resource person and expert user of the system, operate the system in accordance, generate reports, etc.
- Preserve and update the training heritage of Velan Inc.
- Enter data for training activities and archive proof of training.
- Ensure the administrative follow-up of training hours under Law 90.
- Document and update the various training processes, procedures and indicators, skills management tools, meeting summaries, etc.
- Assist the team in the design of classroom learning solutions, structured on-the-job training, hybrid mode as well as online.
- Participate in one-off projects linked to the training service.
Scope Velan North America
- Office work environment; and,
- Overtime needed in peak periods.
RequirementsEducation Bachelor's degree in vocational education, human resources or other related fields.
- Minimum 1 year of experience coordinating events in a corporate environment.
- Experience with e-learning platforms (an asset).
- Fluency in French and English, both oral and written.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Knowledge of theory and implementation of instructional design (an asset).
- Knowledge of learning management systems and webcasting tools (an asset).
- Knowledge of traditional and modern vocational training methods and techniques (an asset).
- Excellent management of time and priorities, demonstration of agility and resilience in change.
- Strong ability to organize, coordinate, and manage multiple files and stakeholders simultaneously.
- Demonstration of outstanding customer service.
- Demonstration of rigor and methods.
- Effective communication, both verbally and in writing.
- Solution-oriented and results-oriented.
- Actions are done with integrity and with professionalism.
Enabling Core Competencies
Is dedicated to meeting the needs and expectations of internal and/or external customers; talks and acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Drive for Results
Takes actions to meet and exceed goals and expectations; is bottom-line oriented; strives for continuous improvement to make products, services, and work practices more efficient and effective; steadfastly pushes self for results.
Teamwork & Cooperation
Is willing and able to work cooperatively and supportively with colleagues; develops positive and open relationships with team members to solve problems and achieve business goals.
Flexibility & Change
Is able to adapt and respond positively to a variety of situations and people to meet changing priorities; adapts to new ways of working to deliver the desired results.
Is able to learn quickly when facing new problems; is a relentless and versatile learner; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence of complex situations.