Products and services
Category: Velan ABV valves
What we offer
Velan ABV is specialized in the design and manufacturing of specialty valves and actuators for oil and gas, LNG, and petrochemical processes.
Velan ABV’s core business is all the critical applications for highpressure, high-and low-temperature, corrosive, and abrasive service. Our products are available in a variety of standard and exotic materials such as Hastelloy™, Inconel™, super duplex, and titanium.
Velan ABV has licenses to monogram its products according to API 6D and API 6A; furthermore all valves are fire-safe design and certified by Lloyd’s register as per the latest API 6FA and API 607 standards.
Velan ABV is also approved for valves for cryogenic service and has obtained the PED qualification for the CE mark of the valves. Although this qualification is mandatory for equipment under pressure that is supplied to countries within the European community, Velan ABV has extended the CE mark to all products regardless of the destination.
The company has been structured to be as flexible and fast acting as possible, so we can get your metal-seated or special alloy valves out the door quickly.
By combining our extensive experience in R&D, engineering, and in the field, Velan ABV is able to produce complete systems for on-off and control service.
• Emergency shut-down service valves (ESDV)
• High-integrity pressure protection systems (HIPPS)
• Surface safety valves (SSV)
• Subsea safety isolation valves (SSIV)
• Gas over oil systems (GHD)
• Pressure line break valves
For oil and gas (CHOKE) applications
• Wellhead control
• Water injection
• Gas injection
• Separator level control
Petrochemical, fossil, and power generation
• Feedwater pump recirculation
• Boiler feedwater pump
• Feedwater regulation system
• Gas regulator
• Gas lift
• Start-up service
• Blowdown control valve
• Emergency depressurization
Velan ABV offers an exellent and compact solution for pressure reduction and desuperheating service of turbine by-pass lines, discharging both to intermediate- or low-pressure sections of power stations.
Inspection and tests
Velan ABV valves are tested according to our own internal specifications and procedures, which fully comply with the applicable standards and customers requirements.
Chemical analysis and physical mechanical properties of valve components are verified and reviewed using:
• Positive material identification
• Dye penetrant testing
• Magnetic particle testing
• X and gamma ray testing
• Ultrasonic testing
• Visual and dimensional inspections
All Velan ABV valves are subjected to the following tests in accordance with API 6D acceptance criteria:
• Hydraulic body and seat testing
• Low-pressure pneumatic seat testing
• Verification of actual stem torque needed to open the valve at maximum differential pressure
• High-pressure gas nitrogen tests
• Fugitive emission tests, using helium gas
• Cryogenic tests: to verify valve performances at -50°F (-46°C) and lower
• Fire tests: to verify the performance of valves when subjected to fire
• Hyperbaric chamber tests: to verify valves for subsea service
• Bending tests: to verify the performance of valves subjected, via piping, to mechanical stress
For more information visit: www.velanabv.com