Cast split-body flanged ball valves
- Size range(s)
- NPS 2 - 24
(DN 50 - 600)
- Pressure rating
- ASME Classes 150 - 600
- Standard connections
Features and benefits
● Off-center split-body design allows the use of advanced spiral-wound gaskets.
● Maximum temperature for CF8M 1,000°F (538°C), for WCB 800°F (426°C).
● Full port ensures large capacity and reduces the risk of clogging when handling solids or slurries.
● Wall thickness complies with ASME B16.34 and BS 5351 for NPS 2–12 (DN 50-300) ASME 150 and 300 full port only.
● Stem bearing reduces side thrust effect on packing and prevents stem wobbling.
● Integral seat locking option does not require additional parts or special tools.
● Scraper seats standard.
● Ball and seats lapped for optimum performance and tight shutoff.
● Low emission stem seal.
● Blowout-proof stem.
● Two-piece flanged gland. Live-loaded as standard.
● All valves with graphite packing and backup seal are inherently fire safe.
● Can be used for manual throttling applications. (For automation contact Velan Engineering.)
● Manual operation with handle for NPS 2–4 (DN 50 –100) FP and NPS 3–6 (DN 80–150) RP. 6 NPS (DN 150) FP, NPS 8 (DN 200) RP and larger require gear or actuator. Gear or pneumatic actuator available.
● Tightness rates: Allowable leakage rate at full ΔP: ASME/FCI 70-2 Class V. Tighter shutoff available upon request.
● Oversized ball to stem connection provides: no deformation of the stem slot in the ball; better throttling control performance; and less motion loss and wear in automatic on-off applications.