Pressure seal globe valves
Category: Gate, globe, and check valves
Product line: Pressure seal (forged and cast steel) valves
- Size range(s)
- NPS 2 - 16 (DN 50 - 400)
- Pressure rating
- ASME Classes
600 - 4500
- Standard connections
- Butt weld, Flanged
Features and benefits
Velan globe valve’s top and bottom-guided disc assures stem operation without side thrust caused by high pressure flow. The non-rotating stem results in lower friction of all moving parts and longer stem packing life. All this resulting in smooth, easy operation and tight shutoff under extreme pressures.
- Velan's proven pressure seal design to ASME B16.34.
- Live-loaded pressure seal bonnet bolting on NPS 6 and larger as a standard.
- Body – superior strength forgings / high quality castings.
- Body guided disc eliminates side thrust and provides longer disc, seat and body life.
- Impactor handwheel for tight shutoff.
- Velan stem seal offers tight seal with little to no maintenance over long periods of time.
- Non-rotating stem requires lower operating torque.
- The body and disc are CoCr alloy hardfaced on seat contact and disc guiding surfaces, which provides maximum resistance to erosion and wear.
- Optional live-loading of packing extends low emission service life especially in service with large pressure/temperature transients or frequent cycling.
- Other sizes and pressure classes available. Contact the company for specifications.