Triple offset valves 2.0
- Size range(s)
- NPS 3 - 96
(DN 80 - 2400)
- Pressure rating
- ASME Classes 150 - 600
- Standard connections
- Lug, Double flanged (short and long) pattern, Butt weld
Features and benefits
Velan’s Torqseal® 2.0 triple offset valve is engineered to deliver repeatable full bi-directional zero leakage, lower torques and superior fugitive emissions performance.
Offering a bi-directional zero leakage closure with a metal-to-metal seat, the Torqseal® triple offset valve is the right solution when a tight seal is required.
The Torqseal’s all metal construction results in an inherently fire-safe design that can stand up to the most demanding services.
- The Torqseal® advanced design features a triple eccentricity and unique elliptical seat geometry, that allows for friction free, non-rubbing operation of the valve during all the valve travel.
- Standard laminated resilient disc seal to 800°F (427°C). One to four graphite layers are carefully assembled between stainless steel rings using a phenolic resin bond. The self-adjusting, resilient seal flexes and energizes, assuming the shape of the seat.
- The Torqseal® triple offset valve’s conical cone-in-cone seating results in a non-rubbing and repeatable sealing and ensures little to no wear on the sealing components. The Torqseal® 2.0 uses triple offset geometry to ensure that the sealing ring contacts the body seat at the final shut-off position, without rubbing or galling. The Torqseal® 2.0 newly optimized fit-to-body offsets reduce operating torques requirements.
- Zero leakage seat tightness (API 598 resilient seat standard). The resilient metal seal ring radially compresses around its circumference when torque is evenly applied as the seal ring makes contact with the integral metal body seat.
- The robust centered-weighted splined connection(1) between disc/shaft produces a uniform and repeatable torque transmission and ensures even distribution of contact pressure between seat and seal.
- Industry-leading emission control. With global emissions challenges facing the industry, Torqseal® triple offset valves are designed with the highest attention to controlling fugitive emissions, meeting API 641/ ISO FE standards.