Location(s)Montreal, QC (Canada)
Job DescriptionDo you want to live your passion for purchasing through unique projects in the manufacturing field?
At Velan, we stand out for the values that drive us, our leadership, and the passion that all members have in achieving results. With our head office in Montreal and 12 manufacturing sites worldwide, we manufacture and market ranges of complex and innovative valves for different sectors of activity.
We thus help our business partners in the primary and secondary sectors to be more efficient and competitive by reducing their total operational cost.
We are looking for a Buyer who will be responsible for a portfolio of suppliers for assigned product categories to join our team of supply chain professionals !
Are you looking for :
.A dynamic environment that will allow you to collaborate with different stakeholders in the organization (planning, engineering, logistics, production, etc.)?
.A non-routine role that allows you to manage technical projects in a custom manufacturing context?
.More autonomy and the opportunity to make a difference by contributing to the evolution of the company and the purchasing department?
Then the Buyer position at Velan is waiting for you!
We offer you:
- A career path, not just a job!
- Competitive base salary, accompanied by an annual performance bonus
- Comprehensive group insurance program, including a telemedicine program
- Group RRSP with employer contribution
- Reimbursement for annual gym fees and other wellness initiatives.
- Free coffee an affordable on-site cafeteria
- A hybrid work environment and summertime schedule
- Laptop provided
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, or Operations management (or equivalent relevant experience).
- Minimum of 3-5 years related buying experience with an (OEM) Original Equipment Manufacturer, ideally, machined components, forgings, castings, and fasteners.
- Knowledge of machining and ability to understand drawings and specifications.
- Experience within MRP and Microsoft Office environment.
- Familiar with material specifications such as ASTM.
- Bilingual (French and English), both written and spoken.