Pressure seal tilting disc check valves
Category: Gate, globe, and check valves
Product line: Pressure seal (forged and cast steel) valves
- Size range(s)
- NPS 2 - 24 (DN 50 - 600)
- Pressure rating
- ASME Classes
600 - 2500
- Standard connections
- Butt weld, Flanged
Features and benefits
Check valves are installed to allow flow in one direction only and they protect systems that can be affected by reverse flow, such as a system shutdown. They are operated entirely by reaction to the flow and therefore do not require external actuation. Care and attention should be paid to check valve installation orientation. For information please consult the appropriate Installation Operation manual (IOM).
- Advanced pressure seal design.
- Live-loaded pressure seal bonnet bolting on NPS 2 and larger as a standard.
- Unique cage unit. Entire seat-hinge-pin-disc assembly can be tested outside the valve before seal welding into the body.
- Eliminates pin seal leakage.
- Superior tightness. Conical, lapped-in hardfaced seating is self-aligning.
- Efficient operation. The hinge pin located near the center of gravity allows the conical seating face of the disc to move out and into the seat rapidly without sliding or wear. The disc pivots through a small arc preventing back flow and“water hammer”.
- Easy in-line service.