N-series forged metal-seated ball valves
Category: Quarter-turn valves
Product line: Securaseal metal-seated ball valves
- Size range(s)
- NPS 1/2 - 16
(DN 15 - 400)
- Pressure rating
- ASME Classes
150 - 900
- Standard connections
- Flanged (RF, RTJ), Butt weld, Socket weld, Threaded
Features and benefits
The Securaseal Type N was designed and developed for the most severe services heavy industry has to offer. None are more severe than high pressure leaching by acid or oxygen used in the refining of nickel and gold ores. These services push every piece of equipment to the absolute limit requiring not only a sound and very robust design but also one that is on the cutting edge of technology.
- Forged compact body with precision machined construction complies to ASME B16.34.
- The optimized body includes several features for easy installation in various orientations.
- Wall thickness is larger than required by industry standards and ideal for corrosion and erosion applications.
- Robust blowout-proof fully guided stem, has the largest Maximum Allowable Stem Torque (MAST) of all severe service ball valves, ensuring normal operation regardless of valve orientation and process conditions.
- External thrust bearing is positioned away from corrosive media, reducing the operating torque and extending valve performance.
- Ball and seats are 100% fully mate-lapped and coated with the latest coating solutions that fit the requirements of the service conditions.
- Advanced coatings for ball and seats, as well as the waterway bore when necessary, provide trouble free operation even in aggressive erosive and corrosive services as demonstrated in the most severe HPAL plant in the world. Several deposition methods are available and some of these processes provide greatly improved wear properties.
- Our stem packing technology guarantees a low-emission stem seal in compliance with the highest industry standards.
- Slurry-proof floating upstream seat with unique precision machined ‘load ring’ guarantees permanent contact between the ball and seats for effective ball scrapping and tight shut-off in both directions.
- Seats are replaceable in-line for simple assembly and disassembly, with no special tools required.
- A variety of body and trim material options are available offering extra corrosion allowance.