API 602 small forged HF acid globe valves
Category: Gate, globe, and check valves
Product line: API 602 small forged valves
- Size range(s)
- NPS 1/2 - 2 (DN 15 - 50)
- Pressure rating
- ASME Class 150 - 800
- Standard connections
- Threaded, Socket weld, Flanged, Butt-weld
Features and benefits
- Packing chamber has nickel overlay to protect from severe alkylation conditions and to guarantee low fugitive emissions.
- Stem is made from solid age hardened K-Monel® 500 for increased strength and corrosion resistance.
- Bonnet joint is precision machined and has a special surface finish for extended service life.
- Fully encapsulated gasket design with metal-to-metal body to bonnet contact for optimal and controlled gasket compression.
- Body/bonnet threads and strength-weld: for welded bonnet valves, the bonnet is threaded-in and torqued to an engineered torque value and the body bonnet joint is strength-welded, offering double protection against leakage.
- Fully guided wedge reduces wear on seating surfaces.
- Repairable two-piece stem drive.
- API 602 conventional port and full port designs available.
- Standard stop globe design. Needle and flow control designs available upon request.
- Wide variety of end connections as per client’s needs: flanged, BW, SW, NPT, weld stubs, including other types.
- Optimized sealing angle between a conical seat and the disc, increasing pressure contact up to five times compared with flat seats design.
- Body guided disc accurately mates solid Monel® 400 surface of the disc with the surface of the body seat, which is ground and lapped to a mirror finish.
- HF Acid detecting paint -allows for an immediate visual detection when exposed to acid or acid vapors to ensure valve integrity.
- Fugitive emissions qualified to API 624 and ISO 15848-1.