Bolted bonnet parallel slide gate valves
Category: Gate, globe, and check valves
Product line: Bolted bonnet high pressure valves (large forged) valves
- Size range(s)
- NPS 2 - 24
(DN 50 - 600)
- Pressure rating
- ASME Classes
600 - 1500
- Standard connections
- Socket weld, Butt weld
Features and benefits
Velan bolted bonnet parallel slide gate valves are ideal for clean service and steam. The parallel slide valve design relies on the primary system pressure acting on the downstream disc for seat integrity. There is no wedging action or extra loading on the seats. Due to its inherent design, the parallel slide valve is not subject to thermal binding concerns, resulting in a distinct safety advantage in high temperature service.
- Stronger, leakproof bolted body bonnet joint ensures joint tightness with a higher bolting torque. Recommended over pressure seal valves for any applications with pressure below 500 psi (34.5 bar).
- Unique parallel slide forged cage unit design comprises all operating parts of the slide discs and is precision guided to provide longer disc, seat, and body life.
- Body made of superior strength forgingsand optional cast steel.
- Velan stem seal offers tight seal with little to no maintenance over long periods of time.
- Optional live-loading of packing.
- Non-rotating stem.
- Hardfaced seating faces resist erosion.
- Available with provision for seal weld.
- Designed to ASME B16.34.
- Bypass valves are recommended to equalize pressure across the disc before opening if the valve is exposed to very high differential pressure.
- Velan offers equalizing and bypass pipes and valves in many different configurations to help ensure the valve will open under any operating conditions, preventing over pressurization, pressure locking, and thermal binding.
- Other sizes and pressure classes available. Contact the company for specifications.