Type MFA & MFAS compressed air drain traps
- Size range(s)
- NPS 1/2 - 1 1/2
(DN 15 - 40)
- Pressure rating
- PMO up to 300 psi
- Standard connections
- Socket weld, Threaded, Butt weld, Flanged
Features and benefits
The Velan Type MFA float trap automatically removes accumulated water from compressed air systems. Construction is similar to the Type MFT steam trap except that there is no thermostatic element. A boss is provided on top of the cover, tapped for a NPS 3/8 (DN 10) air circulating pipe which is necessary unless the trap is fitted directly under and so close to the drain point that air entering the trap can escape back through the inlet.
● Stainless steel float and trim.
● Simple Installation: Multiple inlet and outlet connections facilitate horizontal, vertical or angle installation.
● Integral strainer: Stainless steel screens are integral to protect the trap operating mechanism from damage by dirt or scale. No extra fittings or installation costs are required. Free strainer area minimum 5 to 1. Perforation is 0.031” (0.8 mm).
● Integral check valve operation: The main valve acts as a check valve preventing back flow.
● Stainless steel pivots: Assure adequate protection against wear.
● Seat CoCr alloy hardfaced to increase resistance to the high degree of wear through velocity of flow, dirt and scale.
● Freeze-proof installation: Freeze-proof without insulation – complete drainage when cold.