Gate valves (API 600)
Category: Gate, globe, and check valves
Product line: Cast steel (bolted bonnet) valves
- Size range(s)
- NPS 2 - 64
(DN 50 - 1600)
- Pressure rating
- ASME Classes
150 - 1500
- Standard connections
Features and benefits
- Universal trim: 13Cr stem, wedge in CA 15 or 13Cr faced, and CoCr alloy faced seat API Trim 8 suitable for applications up to 850°F (454°C).
- Seat face CoCr alloy hardfaced, ground and lapped to a mirror finish.
- Flexible wedge with low center stem-wedge contact, in solid CA15 (13Cr) or hardfaced with 13Cr, SS 316, Monel or CoCr alloy. Wedge is ground and lapped to a mirror finish and tightly guided to prevent dragging and seat damage.
- A CoCr alloy hardfaced CF8M wedge is also available.
- Non-rotating stem with precision Acme threads and burnished finish. Double Acme for faster operation.
- Body and bonnet joint accurately machined.
- Body and bonnet castings are precision machined.
- One-piece bonnet for better alignment and fewer parts for Class 150 up to NPS 16 (DN 400).
- ASME Classes: 150–300: 1⁄16” raised face
ASME Classes: 600–1500: ¼” raised face
Finish: 125–250 AARH for all valves.
- Rotating stem nut is Austenitic ductile iron Gr. D-2C renewable in line (as shown).
- When handwheel is used, thrust bearings are supplied as follows:
ASME Classes 150–300: NPS 10–12 (DN 250–300), 1 bearing (top)
NPS 14 (DN 350) and up, two bearings
ASME Classes 600–1500: NPS 6 (DN 150) and up.