Proquip dual-plate check valves: Wafer type
Category: Gate, globe, and check valves
Product line: Proquip dual-plate check valves
- Size range(s)
- NPS 2-60 (DN 50-1500)
- Pressure rating
- ASME Classes 150-2500
- Standard connections
Features and benefits
- Retainerless emission-free design. With no holes through the body wall, leakage to the outside is impossible.
- Body surface with uninterrupted gasket surface.
- Intrinsically fire safe.
- The reduced weight of the disc minimizes slamming and water hammer.
- The disc side hinges, eliminate the effect of gravity resulting in lower energy costs when installed in a horizontal pipeline.
- Design maximizes the flow path area through the valve with a lower pressure drop. The internal retention method does not encroach on the gasket sealing surface.
- Springs provide a fast-acting response to flow reversal, minimizing stress and maximizing service life.
- Shock bumpers extended cycle life of internal components with minimal wear in severe service.
- Extended seat life due to the clearance between the disc hinge and hinge pin which eliminates any dragging effect from the discs.
- Velan Proquip dual plate check valves easily meet and exceed test requirements of API 598 for metal-seated check valves.
- API 594 Face-to-face dimension
- To suit ANSI B16.5 flanges, NPS 2-24 (DN 50-600)
- To suit ANSI B16.47 Series A flanges, NPS 26 (DN 650) and larger
- ASME B16.47 Series B available upon request.