Proquip dual-plate check valves: Double flange type
- Size range(s)
- NPS 12-60 (DN 300-1500)
- Pressure rating
- ASME Classes 150-900
- Standard connections
Features and benefits
Velan Proquip double flange dual-plate check valves are made of cast carbon, stainless, or alloy steel to handle an extensive range of applications. The retainerless body is available in a drilled-thru or threaded double flange ends.
- Retainerless emission-free design. With no holes through the body wall, leakage to the outside is impossible.
- Body surface with uninterrupted gasket surface.
- Intrinsically fire safe.
- The reduced weight of the disc minimizes slamming and water hammer.
- The disc side hinges, eliminate the effect of gravity resulting in lower energy costs when installed in a horizontal pipeline.
- Design maximizes the flow path area through the valve with a lower pressure drop. The internal retention method does not encroach on the gasket sealing surface.
- Springs provide a fast-acting response to flow reversal, minimizing stress and maximizing service life.
- Shock bumpers extended cycle life of internal components with minimal wear in severe service.
- Extended seat life due to the clearance between the disc hinge and hinge pin which eliminates any dragging effect from the discs.
- Velan Proquip dual plate check valves easily meet and exceed test requirements of API 598 for metal-seated check valves.
- ASME B16.5 for NPS 12–24 (DN 300–600)
- ASME B16.47 Series A for NPS 26 (DN 650) and larger
- ASME B16.47 Series B available upon request