Pressure seal parallel slide gate valves
- Size range(s)
- NPS 2 - 24 (DN 50 - 600)
- Pressure rating
- ASME Classes
600 - 2500
- Standard connections
- Butt weld, Flanged
Features and benefits
Velan pressure seal parallel slide gate valves are ideal for clean service and steam. The parallel slide valve design relies on the primary system pressure acting on the downstream disc for seat integrity. There is no wedging action or extra loading on the seats. Due to its inherent design, the parallel slide valve is not subject to thermal binding concerns, resulting in a distinct safety advantage in high temperature service.
- Velan's innovative pressure seal design to ASME B16.34.
- Body – superior strength forgings / high quality castings.
- Live-loaded bonnet bolting stores the required sealing load during a pressure or temperature induced transient which cause bonnet movement.
- Unique parallel slide forged cage unit design comprises all operating parts of the slide discs and is precision guided to provide longer disc, seat, and body life.
- Hardfaced seating faces resist erosion.
- Non-rotating stem requires lower operating torque.
- Velan stem seal offers tight seal with little to no maintenance over long periods of time.
- Bypass valves are recommended to equalize pressure across the disc before opening if the valve is exposed to very high differential pressure.
- Velan offers equalizing and bypass pipes and valves in many different configurations to help ensure the valve will open under any operating conditions, preventing over pressurization, pressure locking, and thermal binding.
- Optional live-loading of packing extends low emission service life especially in service with large pressure/temperature transients or frequent cycling.