Type L high-temperature metal-seated ball valves
Category: Quarter-turn valves
Product line: Securaseal metal-seated ball valves
- Size range(s)
- NPS 4 - 24
(DN 100 - 600)
- Pressure rating
- ASME Classes 150 - 300
- Standard connections
Features and benefits
The Velan Type L high-temperature metal-seated ball valve is well suited for a variety of demanding services where high-temperature and abrasive solids are present.
● Unique, patented single-seat ball valve design. The Velan single-seat ball valve has a flat spring set acting through a hardfaced bearing against the bottom ball shaft which provides sufficient initial ball-seat load for valve tightness, even at low delta P.
● The design provides freedom for thermal expansion of the ball without jamming, even at extreme temperatures.
● Proven in qualification tests and field operation to be solids–proof, even for the toughest applications on slurry service with solids.
● Tightness rates: Allowable leakage rate at full delta P: ASME/ FCI 70-2 Class V. Tighter shutoff available upon request.
● Max. operating temperature: CF8M valves: 1,450°F (788°C). WCB valves: 800°F (426°C). Chrome Moly C5 or C12: 1,000°F (538°C).
● Wall thickness complies with ASME B16.34.