Montreal, QC (Canada)
Velan is currently looking for a new Welding Engineer. Passionate about innovation and technology development, the Welding Engineer must be independent, dynamic and responsible, as well as have good communication and problem solving skills. Reporting to the Corporate Welding Engineer and being part of the multi-disciplinary Production Technology and Methods group, the Welding Engineer will be in charge of :
- As needed, updating the welding procedures in compliance with the new revisions of applicable welding standards or to additional requirements of contracts.
- Qualifying new welding and manufacturing procedures respecting the requirements of ASME, PED, Lloyd's Register, Nace, or others classification society which apply to the projects.
- Reviewing the contract requirements with QC and Sale dep
- Providing technical support to welding supervisors and inspectors before, during, and after manufacturing.
- Providing specific support to manufacturing for the qualification of their welders in accordance to ASME, PED or other classifications society.
- Participating in the continuous improvement of welding and manufacturing practices at Velan.
- Keeping good business relations with clients, international classification societies and Velan staff.
- Must be an engineer member of OIQ
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in the field of operating procedures and welding practices. If the candidate possesses a Master’s degree in welding or a diploma as a welding engineer, it will be taken into consideration despite the lack of experience
- Thorough knowledge of welding codes and standards: ASME section III, VIII and IX, ASME B31.1, B31.3 and B16.34, Military and European welding standards, etc.
- Comprehensive knowledge of codes and standards related to welding non-destructive tests;
- Computer skills and knowledge of the Office suite
- Bilingualism (French and English) considered an asset