Location(s)Montreal, QC (Canada)
Job DescriptionAs part of the Global Supply Chain team, the Director of Procurement is responsible to develop, implement, maintain and communicate procurement strategic plans in support of the satisfaction of customer demand throughout the supply chain. Such plans will require cross functional involvement regarding demand forecasting, consumption analysis, master production schedules, inventory plans and project execution schedules. The Director, Procurement, will be responsible to supervise all Procurement teams of Velan’s facilities across North America. He or she will be responsible to provide the right materials, at the right time, at the right cost, at the right place and of the right quality.
More precisely, he or she will be responsible to:
- Develop sourcing and procurement activities that support key business objectives.
- Develop and execute a long-term strategy to facilitate improvements of Procurement Services.
- Ensure the execution of procurement strategies across the company to ensure consistent and high quality value delivery. Implement best practices in procurement and supplier management to support commercial and operational objectives.
- Ensure the execution of standards, controls, policies, procedures and performance metrics to effectively and efficiently manage the acquisition and reporting of the company’s third-parties.
- Lead rigorous and objective contract negotiations with key internal stakeholders, legal department and support groups.
- Conduct business review meetings with key stakeholders to assess risk, review future strategies, and identify potential cost down and improvement opportunities.
- Identify areas for improvement to continually drive performance and business results. Maintain strong working relationships with strategic suppliers to assure cost, quality, and delivery targets are met.
- Manage a team of Managers who are responsible for day-to-day procurement activities.
- Oversee the development and execution of sourcing strategies including targets, timelines and resource plans.
- Build market intelligence capabilities within the category management team on key markets and suppliers. Develop solutions to support the strategy development.
- Analyze market and delivery trends to develop procurement technologies and processes that support those trends.
- Update procurement strategies based on changing market conditions.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the preferred area of study: Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering, Business Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or any related field.
- APICS certification, an asset
- Minimum of 15 years procurement experience in a Manufacturing environment including at least 5 years in a Managerial role and 5 years dealing with foreign suppliers (outside of North America)
- Familiar with ERP system (Baan an asset)
- Sound knowledge of supply chain processes and procedures including manufacturing planning, demand and replenishment processes
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to reason and influence at all levels
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills
- Ability to manage complexity and resolve conflicts that arise from balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to interact with senior management executive staff
- Bilingual – French and English (Oral and written)
- An additional language is an asset