Quotations Process Improvement Specialist
Montreal, QC (Canada)
Reporting to the Director, Quotations, the Quotations Process Improvement Specialist is responsible for defining, establishing and maintaining effective proposal execution systems. He/she will be responsible to ensure systems provide adequate management reporting information; responsible to provide efficient and effective tools for the proposal group; provides management of administrative function for various tools and processes requiring periodic update and support. More precisely, he/she is responsible to:
- Ensures proposal execution continues to become more repeatable, cost effective and of highest quality,
- Champions the implementation of the systems changes and new systems to enable timely reporting.
- Develop and maintain dashboard for the quotations group
- Ensure that proposal activities integrate with the rest of the organisation and liaises with engineering, PMO, IT, sales, manufacturing, Supply chain and others as required.
- Insure all required training and development programs to support required processes, tools, and skills are in place and maintained
- Define standard procedures.
- Manages all continuous improvement activities from large investment project
( CPQ ) or smaller improvement activities ( Improve communication with distributor )
- Innovation and creative thinking: supports maintenance/enhancement of program management processes, standards, tools etc.
- Proactively coordinates continuous review and improvement of the working environment to ensure that program management infrastructure is state-of-the-art and effective.
- Able to work with regional sales VP, proposal managers, VPM team members, and other part of the Velan’s organisation to undercover, and resolve, proposal impacts.
- Responsible for the collaboration system/infrastructure
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Minimum of 3 years in system / tools development
- Bachelor degree in computer science or engineering
- Knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies (Lean, Six sigma etc …)
- Demonstrate experience in successful project management
- Previous experience as system and or data analyst
- Astute knowledge of computer based tools and programming (e.g., MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Possesses relevant industry knowledge to our market sector
- Decisive – appropriately pursues business objectives with a bias for action and getting things done.
- Change Resilient/Adaptable – highly organized, disciplined, and handles complex, ambiguous or stressful situations in a calm, professional manner.
- Judgment – Sizes up situations quickly, is practical, knows the right things to do and when to do them.
- Sense of Urgency – Understands the need to process information and tasks quickly. Able to prioritize multiple simultaneous requests.
- Motivational – generates enthusiasm and excitement for team purpose, positively influencing others.
- Technical – Needs to have a strong technical understanding or the proper knowledge to develop solution to meet stringent requirements
- Communication - Strong communications skills, both written and oral. Ability to present at a senior leader level.
- Influence – Use social intelligence to develop relationship and use your character to have your contributor to take action voluntarily.